I Love Paris!

Sunday, January 20, 2008

My first time visiting Paris, I had just turned 18. I remember everyday walking the streets and feeling a connection with the city and its people that I could not explain. Every part of old Paris held something very mysterious to me and every brasserie that looked like it had been there forever somehow seemed very familiar (maybe I bought some in my past life?)

French people love sitting in cafes and drinking their espressos and enjoy the peacefulness and assertiveness around them. No one appeared to be in a mad rush around town. As I sat among the people, enjoying each bite of my baguette while observing the throng that slowly moved in front of me, I couldn’t help but ask to around: what was so special about Paris?

Was it the culture, so readily obvious in every square, every narrow street and every nuke and corner? Was it the exquisite architecture, which I grew up with and could so easily relate to? Or maybe was it that life in Europe was so different from life in the U.S.?

What do you think?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

paris definitely a very romantic place to be in..

would want to pay a visit there