The Secret to Travel Around the World Budget Style

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Everyone wants a dream holiday – but not everyone could afford one. Take a look at my friend Jamie: She works as a school teacher here in the US but quite frankly her pay is nothing to write home about. Yet she always seems to be able to take the most fantastic holidays outside of term time. Amongst our group of friends she is known as the ‘Goddess of holidays’ as she always seems to be away on some Caribbean cruise or fine dining in Europe. One of her cheap vacations last year wasn’t too extravagant - she visited Argentina and stayed in some steel shack type accommodation, but when you are literally booking holidays at the last minute you have to be prepared to take the rough with the smooth sometimes.

All in all, I know that Jamie has had some great experiences and doesn’t regret any of the holidays she went. She’s one of the most experienced traveling people that I have ever met. A couple of months ago I invited her over to my house for dinner with an ulterior motive in mind – to know what her secret is. I had been inquisitive enough about her ability to finance her low-cost holidays for some time and finally my inquisitiveness had got the better of me. The second I had served dinner I decided to ask her how she managed to pay for so many wonderful exotic holidays each year.

She said in one sentence – ‘It’s simple, you just gotta shop around for the best offers’.

Cheers!

0 comments: